3.07.2011

Mathmachine!

I was reading a really good thread on Privateer Forums, and I decided to look up the odds of rolling a certain number on 2d6 and 3d6.




2d6 v. 3d6  (including increased odds after boosting)

Some of the increased odds are really high, so I think this is worth looking at to get a feel for it.

Based on the numbers on the chart, I think it's most worth it to boost if you need a seven or higher.  That's where the increase starts to be worth the focus/fury.

One thing that I liked about the article that I linked above was the guys idea of 3s/4s.  Despite the fact that the average on a single die roll is 3.5, I think it's a good rule of thumb to assume that you will roll 3s on everything, and that your opponent will always roll 4s.

The reasoning behind this is that you always overcompensate for low dice rolling on your part and high dice rolling on your opponents part.



I think that's it for now about dice rolling.  Now, of course, this doesn't account for Calandra's feat or Star Crossed, Vlad's Signs and Portents, Ashlynn's feat, eThagrosh's Manifest Destiny, etc.  Maybe I'll cover that on another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment